Move over Nutella, no room for you here.
Home-made Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread, using nothing but the beauty of natural ingredients.
Whenever I am walking home from the bus stop, I always detour via Scoop Wholefoods in Mosman. I browse for about 10 minutes, as I source out at least $5 worth of goodies due to the Eftpos minimum ha!
However it is worth it. Each time, I leave with different ingredients, eager to get home and whip up a storm in my kitchen!
Today was a Nut Day; hazelnut and macadamia
Something a little diverse, and certainly something a little tasty.
When you buy nuts, you can do one of 2 things.
- Store them in an air-tight jar in the fridge for snack purposes
- Blend up a Nut Butter Creation!
I always choose 2.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Cacao nibs
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped
- Melt the honey and coconut oil, adding into the Nut mixture
- Add 1 tbsp water, blend
- Add the cacao powder, blend
- Add the rest of the water & cacao nibs
- Blend until a smooth, rich and fluffy texture forms – depending on your blender, you may need more wet ingredients for a smoother consistency. However, if you like your nut spread crunchy, then adapt to suit your preference!