Each day, I hear the “BZZZZZ” sound from my Soda Stream as my parents attend to their morning fizzy water & lemon.
So yesterday, I was craving some sort of delicious tropical drink! And an instant idea came to mind…
Fizzy Coconut Milk!
- 1-2 cups coconut milk
- 1-2 cups coconut water (this is optional – I just love the taste of the two coconut liquids mixed together)
- 1 tsp stevia (also optional)
- 1/2 cup berries, frozen
- 1/2 cup mango, frozen
- Combine the liquid and pour into a Soda Stream bottle
- Blitz the liquid for the recommended time (until you hear that finishing BZZZZZ from the machine)
- In a blender, mix together the berries and mango until an icey mixture is formed
- Mix the stevia if you are using it in with the liquid
- Pour into glasses, adding a dollop of the frozen fruity blend into the glass!
- Also optional: if it’s a weekend and you fancy maybe an alcoholic beverage, adding a shot of this would be divine (however, only for special occasions ha!)
Oh baby it’s cold outside.
Turmeric; a powerful anti-inflammatory spice.
So, it’s a Friday afternoon, and I’m in need of a pick-me-up
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk or coconut milk (I used half and half of each)
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh turmeric root, grated (or use 2 teaspoons tumeric paste – see note*)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or 1-inch cinnamon stick)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Raw honey, Rice Malt Syrup or Stevia to taste
- To make the turmeric paste, combine 2 parts tumeric powder with 1 part boiling water (I used 2 tablespoons turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon water, storing the extra in the fridge for about a week!)
- Gently warm the milk in a small saucepan, but please don’t boil!
- Add the tumeric, ginger and cinnamon
- Add the coconut oil, and allow to heat together until melted
- Use a whisk or fork to create a foam, stirring until somewhat frothy and heated through
- Stir in sweetner to taste