Bite-sized balls make the perfect snack! Super nutritious and extremely delicious
(no wonder we love them here at the Flavour Lab)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (to roll)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the desiccated coconut
- Shape the mixture into balls (approx 40g is a great snack size)
- Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut until completely covered
- Best eaten after a few hours of being in the fridge… But also taste amazing post-freezing!
TIP: you can always use prunes in exchange for dates for a change in flavour (and of course, added fibre… I say no more)
*thanks Abby for the recipe inspo, and Morgan for the photo!