Oh baby it’s cold outside.
Turmeric; a powerful anti-inflammatory spice.
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk or coconut milk (I used half and half of each)
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh turmeric root, grated (or use 2 teaspoons tumeric paste – see note*)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or 1-inch cinnamon stick)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Raw honey, Rice Malt Syrup or Stevia to taste
- To make the turmeric paste, combine 2 parts tumeric powder with 1 part boiling water (I used 2 tablespoons turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon water, storing the extra in the fridge for about a week!)
- Gently warm the milk in a small saucepan, but please don’t boil!
- Add the tumeric, ginger and cinnamon
- Add the coconut oil, and allow to heat together until melted
- Use a whisk or fork to create a foam, stirring until somewhat frothy and heated through
- Stir in sweetner to taste